Monday, October 6, 2008

Though the mountains be shaken...

You know how sometimes when you read the Word, you come across scripture that seems totally brand new, and absolutely meant specifically for you? Well, i had that experience with this little piece of scripture:


Isaiah 54:10

-"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD who has compassion on you.-



I mean, wow, huh? I have known the Lord for a good portion of my life and there have for sure been times that if i were God, i would totally give up on me.


And yet.


God's unfailing love will not be shaken. Imagine, sin so deep, so ugly, that it shakes mountains and removes hills.


And yet.


God's covenant of peace shall not be removed. I don't deserve this.


I PRAISE my sweet Savior that He has compassion on me. I've decided to commit this verse to memory (i should do this more often). So if you see me anytime soon....feel free to ask me what Isaiah 54:10 has to say about our compassionate Father. And let it sink into your heart too.

No comments:

Post a Comment