Thursday, June 16, 2011

{daily delaney}

so yesterday i told delaney that we were going to poop scoop in the back yard.
little known to me, this would be a thrill unlike one she had never known before.
seriously, she was so {excited} to go on a poop hunt.

like, she was so excited to do it, that at nap time yesterday we had this conversation:
"ok lane.  if you do not ignore amelia (millie can be a bit of a pest during sleep times) and go to sleep right away, you will not get to help me poop scoop the yard."
lane: "but MOM! i  WANT to scoop poop."
me: "ok, then you need to obey my instruction and go right to sleep."
lane: "ok!"

and she did.  man, she's never taken such a great nap before!  all at the prospect of getting to pick up dog turds.  {weirdo!}

so this morning we headed out on our poop adventure in the giant back yard.
as we were walking searching for poop, lane says:
"mom, i think i saw something black.  must have been poop.  or a butterfly."
WHAT?  a butterfly?!?!  how do you mistake a butterfly for turds!?!?  or vice versa? 
oh, that kid. she blows me away.  i have so much fun hanging out with her.

the next time you see something that resembles poop, take a close look, it just might be a butterfly.


1 comment:

  1. I love this post, this is my second time reading it and it makes me laugh out loud again!

    Joy and blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete