Friday, July 17, 2009

a new venture {sometimes}

so.
what's up?
sorry, i don't really know how to start this. i've nothing witty and enticing to say.
{sometimes} i can struggle to be vulnerable...
i think this is because i used to allow myself to be vulnerable to the extreme.
and there needs to be {balance}.
this is going to be a little experiment that i will run via my blog.
i don't really know how many people read this, but i figured it's going to be good for me, even if {no one} ever reads it.
i'm going to try my darnedest to post {once a week}
a new {sometimes} that will reveal something about me that you may not have know.
feel free to comment.
or not.

here goes.

{sometimes} i need to remember that it's ok to let out my emotions.
again, in my past, along with being TOO vulnerable with people...well with the wrong people maybe, i used to be {freakishly} emotional. really i would let my emotions rule me.
i would cry at the drop of a hat.
i would let how i was {feeling} drive the actions i would take.
i would emotionally wrap my heart around a person *ahem* boy and then get hurt when it didn't work out.

so i stopped being so emotional.
for a {long} time casey was the only person really would could elicit tears.
ahhh....the early days of marriage.
i think i became so set on not letting my emotions rule me, that i forgot that it's {ok} to cry.
it's ok.
the exception to this was when i was preggers and {ridiculously} hormonal.
once i cried over cantelope.
seriously.

so i'm learning that {sometimes} it's ok to feel emotional.
when i watch that touching video about a family getting to take their adoptive baby daughter home for the first time or when i think of the incredible blessings that the Lord has heaped upon casey's business or when i think of my sister, sam, and how our friendship has grown and blossomed over the years, and i feel the tears well up, i don't have to staunch them at the edges of my eyelids. i can allow them to spill over and run down my cheeks.
i want my daughters to see the beauty of being feminine, of feeling compassion for others, of having a tender heart.
and one way to show them that is to {sometimes} show them my tears.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! So, what about the cantaloupe made you cry? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Baby I have always wondered why you never let it go when you saw a movie that made everyone cry but you and I always wondered why, I hoped and prayed that it was not something that I did when you were growing up, and now feel that it was just who you were, and glad to know that you realize in your life now as an adult that it is ok, cause you all saw it with me as you were growing up! As you stated about showing your children what is the life as a mother and woman. I am so glad that you have grown to know that. I love you so much, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. amber, i just wasn't ripe, but i was determined to cut the dang thing up even if i had to throw it away. and i cried when the cutting do go as i'd liked it to.

    manga, i love you.

    ReplyDelete