Friday, March 11, 2011

{daily delaney}

yesterday, we were driving over to a friends house and delaney asked which direction we were going.
i told her, "we're heading north."
"then what way will we turn?"  she asked.
"then we will turn left, and go west." i said.
quickly, she responded, "but i want to go towards easter!"

at first i had to giggle at her miscommunication.  
obviously, she meant that she wanted to go east...
though i'm not sure why.

but the more i thought about it, the more i realized how profound her words were to me.
  i want to go towards Easter {too}.
the direction i want to face in my life is alway towards Easter, towards the Cross.

over these last few weeks, i've realized that the direction i set myself towards in life
is not always going to be in the direction that God wants for me.

i've made plans to move to KS.
plans to parent my children better.
plans to be a better wife.
plans to never own a minivan.
plans to be physically thin and spiritually fat.
and i'm realizing, thanks to my sweet daughter, that unless i'm facing {Easter}...
i will always be going the wrong direction.


1 comment:

  1. I like her thinking! And yours. I just read that verse "Fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..."

    ReplyDelete