Friday, April 1, 2011

{daily delaney}

as our kids get older, we slowly add responsibilities for them.
lane's first was to help unload and re-load the dishwasher.
since her sister has graduated into that role, her new {responsibility} is to get herself and her sister dressed in the mornings.

now let me share a little about myself.
i'm prideful.
i'm a people pleaser.
i like for my kids to be well dressed, fashionable, and put together.
i know, it's ridiculous.
well, let me tell you.
allowing delaney to {select} her own outfit is some days a great challenge for me.
days like this day.
yep.  it's true.
that is a long sleeve shirt (cuz it was cold).
a shorts jump suit.
leggings.
cowboy boots.
this ain't no {april fools} joke.


and she was {so} proud of herself.

i like that she's defining her own style.
i like that she is creative.
i like that she is getting herself dressed so that i don't have to.

it's just a good lesson in pride for me.

i love this girl.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I think it's pretty styling and creative.

    ReplyDelete