Monday, March 9, 2009

{He cannot lie}

In my one year bible reading plan, i'm currently going through Hebrews.
It's refreshing and incredible to me how, though i can read something before, God can bring it into a {new light} for me each time i read it.
This is how it's been for me reading {Hebrews}.
I'm not going to claim to be an incredibly {insightful} person, though each time i read the {Word} i pray with eager anticipation and expectation that God would give me understanding and wisdom in what i read, and i feel blessed and rejoice that He has so {intimately} spoken to my heart these last few days. and i just wanted to share that with {you}!

{Hebrews 2: 8-9}
-Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. As present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him. But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone-

Sometimes i feel so {out of control}. I feel helpless.
BUT! I'm not supposed to be in control! According to the Word, {everything} is in {subjection} to God, and i don't see it all. Yet, what i do see is {Jesus}, who IS in control. And i can live peacefully in the truth that Jesus came down from the heavens, suffered, and tasted death, by the {grace of God} for me and everyone else.
I {praise} Jesus, crowed with glory and honor!
I need to release all things, {husband}, {children}, {home}, {finances}, {fear}, {insecurities}, to be in {subjection} to God.

Then, i read this.

{Hebrews 6: 18-19}
-so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. we have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain.-

i {struggle} with my past. i do.
i have trouble leaving behind who i {was} and moving forward with who i now {am}. i am ridiculously {insecure}. seriously.
i praise God for my patient and gentle husband who has helped me wade through so much of the {muck} from my past.
because of this insecurity, it's only {too} easy for satan to whisper those choice morsels, those lies into my ear. and it's only too easy for me to swallow them down and believe them.
But, as God is {faithful} to do, He spoke His word directly to my heart. His words spoke {richly} to me and was like sweeting {singing} to my ears.
Again, i {praise} God for his written Word, available at any time, speaking {truth} to my foolish heart.
Like i said, i've read it before, but it was new to me as i read it {this} time.
You've no idea what it does for me to realize and hear the words that it is impossible for God to lie.
{impossible}
.
Every word that God has spoken is true. And since i know i can trust God's word, my heart exhalts! I know that when i hear the whisper of satan's destructive lies, i can {flee} to God, my refuge, and i can hear God not whisper, but boldly, loudly, and clearly speak His truth over me, and that this will be a {sure and steadfast} anchor to my soul.
It will anchor me to God's steady and trustworthy side.
My heart rejoices!
I don't have to believe the lies of my past. I can trust in God's unfailing, unshakable, {truth}!.
I feel {free}.
I feel {lighter}.
I feel {jubilious}.
This needs to be {burned} on my heart, it needs to be {always} on my tongue...
...{God is truthful, He cannot lie}!
Cannot.

Believe Him.
Period.


5 comments:

  1. Robin, as one who has also struggled with his past, and by the Holy Spirit has had some measure of victory over those struggles, believe me, I can relate to those "choice morsels" that are easy to swallow. They're easy to swallow because you've been conditioned to believe them. Allowing the Holy Spirit to recondition you by abiding in the Word and trusting in His promises is the only way. Keep reminding yourself, keep preaching the Gospel to yourself every day and I'll guarantee you that victory will come.

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool...even more profound to me is that not only is EVERYTHING in His control, we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, who was, in every way tempted as we are, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:5). Not only does He speak truth over our lives, it's not from a far off/lofty stance. It comes with compassion and mercy and grace. love you!

    P.S. My verification word is "versh" I think I'm going to start a new "waurr" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually, it's more like..."weerrr" brat. i love you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read these incredible words of invitation today in a devotional..."Come close to Me...at your first step, at even the hint of movement, I will dash to your side and be your most intimate Friend."
    And when His affection wraps around you like the warmth of a blazing fire, you can almost hear your soul sigh with relief. "Yes, I am loved beyond belief."
    Thanks for the words of encouragement and your transparency. It ministered to my heart that gets too caught up in daily dramas and loses the focus of my first love.

    ReplyDelete