Thursday, September 9, 2010

{karly}

on tuesday, we choose to put down our sweet and beautiful
german shorthair pointer, Karly.

for those of you who aren't "dog people" you probably won't understand, and i won't be offended if you just stop reading this right now

it feels bitter and unfair to me that we had to do it.
she was only 6 years old....and lived only half her life.
a couple of months ago, we found out she had cancer in her mouth.
it quickly grew and started to close off her nasal passage, making it hard for her to breath.
she couldn't really do any of her favorite things (chasing squirrels, swimming, playing with our other dog) w/out struggling to breath.

it was a hard decision to make, and i didn't think i'd struggle
with the loss of her as much as i have.

anyway, i won't start getting all sappy on you.
i have to remember she was just a dog.
a great companion with lots of personality....yet still just a dog.


i just wanted to pay some sort of tribute to our lovable and goofy "puddin".





3 comments:

  1. So sorry you had to go through that. It sucks...

    While I am sure many of my classmates would be offended, I do not believe that animals have souls,even as much as we would like them to. I do however, believe that sometimes God uses their presence in our lives to remind us that he is here and that he cares, and that if an animal can show us such solid unconditional love, imagine what he can do for us. My dogs remind me everyday when they are sitting at the front gate wagging their tails, shaking with excitement that I am home...that my God is doing the same thing for me in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I am so sorry you and your family had to make this decision at such an early age. However, I know that you provided her a wonderful life and I am sure she loved all of you with all her heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    I am glad that you wrote a tribute about Karly. Karly was a part of your family and apart of your daily life. It is perfectly normal to grieve for her and to miss her. Writing a tribute is a great way to work through your grief. It isn't fair that she died young, but she had a great life. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete