Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{friend, not freaky}

i have a confession to make.
...
...
...
i read blogs of people i don't know.
and i've never admitted it, nor bothered to "follow" them publicly because i was afraid.
afraid of what?

that i would seem {freaky} and not {friendly}.

then i realized, hey, if a perfect stranger read my blog would i think they were freaky?
no!  
just friendly!

so i'm going to boldly step out and list here the blogs of strangers who i read and tell you why i read them.
and i would challenge you to come out of hiding and "follow" me
 or just leave a lil ol comment letting me know you're there.
because, i've got somebody from {ireland} who read often.
and somebody from {russia} who reads often.
amongst many other foreign readers
and TONS of US readers.
and i can't help but be curious....

friend, who are you?
i promise, i won't think you are freaky!

*disclaimer*  i may be totally diluted, and the only people who may read this blog are my parents, in-laws, siblings and a few friends.....then i might feel like an idiot for challenging {nobody}.
but, oh well.

anyway.
here's my {secret} blogroll.
i've never met any of these people....
and if i list your blog, remember, i'm not freaky, just friendly!


*so i like this girl because she seems to be following after the Lord pretty hard, but she's not afraid to admit her shortcomings, or her struggles along the way.  she's done some overseas work for Compassion (where she works) and has written some incredibly moving pieces about her different experiences.  also, she writes REALLY funny open letters.

Rage Against the Minivan  http://www.rageagainsttheminivan.com/
*ok. so if you know me, you know my {hatred} for minivans.  so clearly, i was drawn to this blog right away.  what i like about it is her "what i want you to know" pieces.  she has guest writers come in and write about various (sometimes super uncommon) topics.  she and her husband have a big heart for adoption, and i've enjoyed reading her raw experiences in having a multi-racial family, her adoption process, fertility  issues, and various other "close to the heart" topics.

*you already know i read this super cute girls blog because i participate in her embrace the camera challenge.
however, even though i want to participate from the very start because it's such a fun concept, i didn't, because she's the friend of a friend and i didn't know if that would seem freaky that i'm reading my friends, friends blog.  but lo, i couldn't resist embracing the camera.
she mostly just writes up fun little updates on her family (sort of similar to what goes on here @ never a dull moment). but she's a talented writer, pretty funny, and {hello} trendy.  and i'm a sucker for trendy people.  i wanna be just like em'.  i'm a follower people.  a follower.

*i like beth moore.  she's fantastic.  as a result, i read her Living Proof Ministries blog and upon reading that, i stumbled over her daughter, melissas', blog Baby Bangs.
i figured, beth is rad,  (clearly, we are on a first name basis, as beth makes every gal feel like her best friend) so i'm sure her daughter is probably rad too!  so i started reading.  i like that she is {read} about her experiences in motherhood.  she shares the good, the bad, and the ugly....and it makes me feel good to know i'm not the only one going through some of these similar things.

and that's about it for the perfect strangers-other then the gazillion crafty/sewing/homeschooling blogs that i check into every once in a while.


so, please remember,  you are {friendly} not {freaky}!
unless you really are just freaky.......

follow me or leave a lil comment letting me know you're here!
who knows, i may begin to follow you.

cheers.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog! But I guess that's no huge surprise. I'm glad you read Brandy's blog (I'm Just Sayin'). She's super swell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. I am so incredibly touched that you read my blog! I LOVE it when I find out people I don't know read my blog! Can't wait to read yours now!

    (And I like that Amber girl! She's swell too!)

    ReplyDelete