Thursday, January 6, 2011

{embrace the camera}

i've come to realize something really important.
it's better for me to stop what i'm doing and play with my kids.

i'm sure that {so} many of you mom's can relate.
it's so hard to let the dishes sit in the sink.

to let the laundry sit there unfolded.


to let the beds go unmade.


to wait on picking up all the toys.

but the other day,  delaney had been {begging} me to play ponies with her.
and i just couldn't seem to fit {her} into my busy schedule of up keeping the house.
in a moments break to take amelia to the potty, i opened up my potty treat.
(yes, the girls {and} i get potty treats, because well, i think potty training can be just as hard for me as it is amelia, and darn it, i need a treat too!)

this is what it said on the inside of {my} potty treat.


i mean, do you {see}that!?!?
i popped that delicious piece of dark chocolate into my mouth,
let the mess of my house sit there for another hour,
and spent the next chunk of my day being  {cherilee} the pony.

and i opened my eyes to all the love around me.
and i realized {how} much it meant to the girls that i got down on the floor and played with them.
i would rather them have memories of laundry piled up, dirty dishes, {and} a mommy who played with them.
who communicated with them, that i {wanted} them
that i {enjoyed} them.
they are never going to remember those dishes in the sink.
they will remember me {washing} those dishes {instead} of playing with them.

and i fell a little more in love with my cricket and itty bitty that day.

what are you showing to {your} kids to be your priority? 
what are they going to remember?

4 comments:

  1. Amazing Robin! I LOVE this! and would love to repost this to my wall if you don't care, b/c you are SOOO right about this and I see it all too often (and do it myself).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo true, Robs!! Am trying to do more of this! Thanks for the reminder!! Radene

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow DOVE...those are some good words.

    thanks for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing...great post.

    ReplyDelete